Screen Reader Access Education

Equivalence Certificate

The Consulate General of India, New York issues Equivalence Certificates to students  based in its area of jurisdiction, who are currently studying in the United States school system, and are transferring to India to continue their education. The certificate is issued to students up to Grade 12.

The following documents may be submitted to the Consulate for issuing the Equivalence Certificate:

1. A request from the Parent/Guardian for issue of the certificate addressed to;
Deputy Consul General, Consulate General of India, 3 East, 64th Street, New York NY 10065
2. Notarized copy of the School Transcript / Report card.
3. Notarized copy of the High School Diploma certificate for students who have completed the        
12th Grade.
4. Letter from the school, confirming the child’s enrolment in that school.
5. Copy of the student’s passport showing personal particulars and validity of visa and
6. A USPS  stamped self addressed envelope.

And fee of $12 may be paid through Cashier’s cheque/Money Order/Demand Draft drawn in favor of Consulate General of India, New York (Personal Cheques, Credit Cards, Debit Cards Or Other Banking Instruments Are Not Accepted). Cash can also be accepted at the miscellaneous section counter between 9:30am-11:30am at the Consulate.